ADSM-L

Re: DB size growing problem

1997-06-10 05:23:54
Subject: Re: DB size growing problem
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 11:23:54 +0200
Hi Julie,

Your database is still small - compared to others on the list!
We had this discussion on the list a while back and things like the number
of versions/how long to keep copies etc. will affect your database size.
The admin guide gives some guide lines regarding sizing the db.
Example: If you have 100 GB allocated to your storage pools (Disk/tape),
then you will need between 1Gig and 5Gig of DB to track the files.
If you have copypools then you must add about 200 bytes per file backed up
to your copy pool.

The only way to stop the explosive growth of the ADSM database is to reduce
the number of files stored - (Either backing up less data or keeping data for
a shorter period of time).

Unfortunately this is all you can do apart from allocating more dasd for
your db.

Regards

Christo Heuer
Johannesburg