ADSM-L

Big problems with Netware 4.10/ADSM

1997-05-06 15:36:32
Subject: Big problems with Netware 4.10/ADSM
From: GOUIN_PASCAL <GOUIN AT MARS.CISI DOT FR>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 21:36:32 +0200
Hello,

I have a big problem with a netware server 4.10, and a particular NDS
backup.

I have about 70 servers on Netware 4.10, and half of them are on WAN
network with ISDN . All master partition of external servers, are on
them and I have only a subordinate reference for each of them on oe
server in my LAN.

Because I need to reduce trafic on WAN, some filter are up on LAN
servers :
pingfilt.nlm, dsfilter.
SAP and RIP filter.

I open WAN link between 14h00 and 16h00 for NDS update and 1 hour on
night.

I launch my NDS backup on server who have the master of my
Organisation,and the subordinate  for all external servers.

If I have a return code 4, who mean I couldn t have join an external
server, and if I launch a backup of my netware file system on same
server, my server have an abend when ADSM client connect for backup.

After a reboot of my server, this problem disappear instead i have
another NDS backup with problem.

I have ADSM 2.1.0.6f on µNetware and 2.1.5.10 on AIX ADSM Server.

Somebody have meet this prob ??? Any idea ??

Pascal GOUIN - FRANCE