ADSM-L

Re: Please help for message:ANR8742E

1997-06-05 12:21:08
Subject: Re: Please help for message:ANR8742E
From: ALLEN BARTH <abarth AT KEMPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 11:21:08 -0500
     Various types of utilized hardware require different device support as
     do differing types of client platforms

     Refer to REG LIC section.  Your sales rep can help get the appropriate
     license code.

     Al Barth.

Subject: Please help for message:ANR8742E
Author:  Julie Xu <CCJX AT MUSICA.MACARTHUR.UWS.EDU DOT AU> at ~Internet
Date:    6/5/97 9:47 AM

We run adsm server on RS6000/AIX4.1 in last half years.
But the server can not be connected by any clients today.
After I rebooted the server, I found a message:
ANR8742E This server is not licensed to support the 3590 device type.
Device Support Module 2 is required

What problem will be? Is it a license problem? How can I fix it?

Any comments will be welcomed

Thanks in advance

Julie Xu