ADSM-L

Re: When to split a server?

1997-06-04 05:52:17
Subject: Re: When to split a server?
From: CC Masters <cmaster1 AT TUELECTRIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 10:52:17 +0100
We are running 2 ADSM 2.1.10 MVS servers on seperate CPUs.

The main reason for splitting was DB performance and size.  Our database
had grown to 15+GB.  All maintenance and restores were taking too long
to process.  Since the split, maintenance (ie, DB backup, expire
inventory,...) runs concurrently on each server and run time has
significantly reduced.

--
"Things which matter most must never be at the
"Things which matter most must never be at the