ADSM-L

When to split a server?

1997-06-03 21:55:00
Subject: When to split a server?
From: ADSM-L; Eric.Lewis
To: ADSM-L
Date: Wednesday, June 04, 1997 1:55AM
<<File Attachment: WHENTOSP.TXT>>
     We note that many contributers talk about using multiple ADSM server
     copies for performance and manageability reasons.

     Do any of you have guidelines for when to split a server image?  Does
     this split affect performance?

     We use an MVS host and would add a second server to the existing
     workload if we split the server soon.  Longer term we do plan to start
     up an AIX version and migrate at least some of our load to it.

     Thanks for your comments.  Eric Lewis eric.lewis AT doit.wisc DOT edu