ADSM-L

Re: Tape conversion from 3480 to 3490

1997-06-03 10:40:48
Subject: Re: Tape conversion from 3480 to 3490
From: "Larimer, Dave" <Dave_Larimer AT KNE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 08:40:48 -0600
Frank,
        I am confused.  When we converted from 3480 to 3490's, there was no
problems at all.  We used the old 3480 tapes that we had as input and
did not worry about what tape it called in, ie, whether it was a new
3490 or an old 3480 tape.  As far as the filling tapes were concerned,
ADSM seemed to know that this was in 3480 format and started another
tape.  We then at our leasure started to replace the old 3480 tapes with
3490s using move datas, or just waited for the normal expiration process
to create empty tapes and then replace them as they become available.
We had no problems in the conversion.  Let me know if this helped.

Dave Larimer