ADSM-L

AIX & Symbolic Links

1997-06-02 13:49:40
Subject: AIX & Symbolic Links
From: Peter Thomas <Peter_Thomas AT MANULIFE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 13:49:40 -0400
From: Peter Thomas on 06/02/97 01:49 PM

After my posting of last week, I had a message this morning from Wanda
Prather (wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu)
 with the following

      I found today that the APAR entry for this bug (IC16949) has been
      updated with this info:

      "LOCAL FIX:  Add "USELARGEBUFFERS NO" to the client system options
file,
      dsm.sys"

      It also says this problem only occurs on a 2.1.5.12 server.

I tried a test using both the existing 2.1.0.6G and the "beta" 2.1.0.6I
from the index.storsys.ibm.com, and...

GOOD NEWS!

As long as "USELARGEBUFFERS NO" is in the DSM.OPT, the backups / restores
work perfectly.

This has been done using a 2.1.5.12 Server on an AIX 4.1.4 based machine.

Peter Thomas
Manulife Financial
Phone: (416)963-7371
Fax: (416)926-5454