ADSM-L

3590 & ADSM

1997-06-01 23:57:15
Subject: 3590 & ADSM
From: Ben Kokenge <ben AT SAKI.HSTN.TWGG.PGS DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 22:57:15 -0500
 This may have been an issue here already, but I am
 new to this news group, so bare with me.

 We are running 4 3590 Magstar drives with ADSM.  The
 3590 drive is capable of 9 MBytes/sec, and I can get
 that with a dd command using BlockSize=64000 bytes.
 I notice that ADSM uses a variable length BlockSize (zero),
 which will only allows me to get 5 MBytes/sec after
 much tunning.

 Question is: Does anyone else get these results, and if
 so is there ever going to be the option of larger block-
 size?

 Thanks in advance
--