ADSM-L

query auditoccupancy - question

1997-06-01 10:18:18
Subject: query auditoccupancy - question
From: Tom Tannes <tom.tannas AT USIT.UIO DOT NO>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 16:18:18 +0200
Hello ADSM'ers!

I have a question on how the "q auditocc" output is calculated.

Is storage included in this output for files which have been expired or deleted
but
still physically exist on a tape-volume?

From the example below this seems to be the case. Is this "correct" behaviour?

Today the monthly license-audit was run.

*****
adsm> q auditocc SP4-E1
License information as of last audit on 06/01/1997 at 13:45:07.

Node Name                                Backup     Archive   Space-Managed
  Total
                                        Storage     Storage    Storage Used
Storage
                                      Used (MB)   Used (MB)            (MB)
Used (MB)
-----------------------------------   ---------   ---------   -------------
---------
SP4-E1                                    1,191           0               0
  1,191
SP4-E1                                    1,191           0               0
  1,191

*****

However, all the filespaces belonging to this client were deleted a couple of
days ago

*****
Date/Time                Message
--------------------
05/31/97   01:16:32      ANR0800I DELETE FILESPACE: * for node SP4-E1 started as
05/31/97   01:16:32      ANR0800I DELETE FILESPACE: * for node SP4-E1 started as
                          process 102.
05/31/97   01:16:32      ANR0802I Delete Filespace * (backup/archive data) for
node
                          SP4-E1 started.
05/31/97   04:34:05      ANR0806I Delete Filespace * complete for node SP4-E1:
                          42913 files deleted.

*****

adsm> q occup SP4-E1
ANR2034E QUERY OCCUPANCY: No match found for this query.
ANS5102I Return code 11.

adsm> q filesp SP4-E1
ANR2034E QUERY FILESPACE: No match found for this query.
ANS5102I Return code 11.

*****

This seems to verify that the filespaces were actually deleted.

This client had all it's filespaces in a non-collocated tapestoragepool, and no
space-
reclamation has taken place since the delete.