ADSM-L

help: Database audit process terminated in error.

1997-05-31 15:06:00
Subject: help: Database audit process terminated in error.
From: Sal Salak Juraj <IMCEAMS-KEBALINZ_CENTRAL_sal AT MSMAIL.KEBA.CO DOT AT>
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 21:06:00 +0200
Hi,

I use ADSM Server, OS/2 , latest code, and
I do can need some good advice now:

The problem:

        >  AUDIT DB FIX=YES

ended with:
ANR4306I AUDITDB: Processed 7930000 database entries (cumulative).
ANR4139I AUDITDB: Auditing inventory archive objects.
ANR4306I AUDITDB: Processed 7940000 database entries (cumulative).
ANR4306I AUDITDB: Processed 7950000 database entries (cumulative).
ANR4310I AUDITDB: Auditing inventory space-managed objects.
ANR4230I AUDITDB: Auditing data storage definitions.
ANR0362W Database usage exceeds 80 % of its assigned capacity.
ANR4251E AUDITDB: Extraneous reference found - information will be
deleted.
ANR0104E asaudit.c(1867): Error 2 deleting row from table
"AS.Volume.Assignment".
ANR4142I AUDITDB: Database audit process terminated in error.

What happened before:

I have got a hardware parity error  on disk with ADSM Database volumes.
New experience for me - RAID5 with parity error, but
not a big grief, I have got  fresh database full-backup  + 2 incremental
backups
(normal mode, not rollforward),
so I restored the database:

DSMSERV RESTORE DB DEVC=DAT VOL=full1 COMMIT=NO
DSMSERV RESTORE DB DEVC=DAT VOL=incr1 COMMIT=NO
DSMSERV RESTORE DB DEVC=DAT VOL=incr2 COMMIT=YES

And started AUDITDB - which ended in error (see above).

*** What shall I do with it ?? ***

It is not that ADSM would not run.
It is just know running in DISABLE-d mode, performing AUDIT´s on all
disk storage pool volumes.
But with the audit failed, I wonder if I should not better restore the
database from older backup??

Or maybe I should have formatted the database volumes prior to
performing DSMSERV RESTORE DB?
( I only corrected the hardware problem , after which the database
volumes were accessible and readable but contained a single 512 byte
block of random information anywhere inside. I ran RESTORE DB against
such mangled volumes  - might this have caused the trouble?)

Juraj SALAK
sal AT keba.co DOT at