ADSM-L

ADSM /Solaris noninteractive install

1997-05-27 17:00:19
Subject: ADSM /Solaris noninteractive install
From: Carolee Rand <rand AT PSA.PENCOM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 16:00:19 -0500
Hi

I am trying to set up a NON-interactive installation process for
ADSM v2, release 1, level 0.6 on Solaris v 2.5.x.

I have limited Solaris experience (but can be trained :)

I have tried using pkgask to generate a response file, but the
ADSM packages do not come with request scripts.

I have tried redirecting responses and using pkgadd -n, but
that didn't work either.

Have any of you generated your own "request scripts" to enable
a pkgask/pkgadd installation to work?

Or has anyone just figured out a better way?

Thanks,
Carolee
--
 | _ \/ __/|  \    Carolee Rand
 |  _/\__ \| \ \   Email: rand AT pencom DOT com
 |_|  /___/|_|__\  Site: Freddie Mac, Reston,VA  (703) 450-3534