ADSM-L

Re: MULTIPLE CONCURRENT BACKUPS ON NT CLIENT

1997-05-27 02:39:18
Subject: Re: MULTIPLE CONCURRENT BACKUPS ON NT CLIENT
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 16:39:18 +1000
Trevor Foley@BT_AUSTRALIA
27/05/97 16:39
On:

Hi Laurie,

As I am sure you are aware, the scheduler will only allow a single
scheduled operation per node to run concurrently. The only way that I am
aware of getting multiple sessions per client is to have the client
initiate the session. This can be tied into the ADSM scheduler creating a
schedule where the action type is 'command'. The command that would run on
the client would then issue multiple DSMC commands to execute multiple
concerrent backups (or restores).

I haven't tried this but there have been comments on this list from others
who have, particularly for Netware. I can't see any reason why it would not
work on NT.

regards,

Trevor