ADSM-L

Reclaimable space db entries

1997-05-26 09:04:00
Subject: Reclaimable space db entries
From: Mike Stewart <STEWAJM AT AUDUCADM.DUC.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 08:04:00 -05
Does ADSM maintain database entries for 'reclaimable' space?
If 50% of a tape is now reclaimable are there still database
entries for the files which represent the 50% freespace?

Because I was running short on tapes in by tapepool, I
had to decrease my reclamation threshold, to reclaim
freespace sooner and free tapes.  After much tape churning
I had my freed tape volumes, but perhaps a bonus as well.
My DB utilization dropped noticably.  I surmise that
ADSM keeps the DB entries for reclaimable space and doesn't
delete them until the tape actually goes through reclamation.