ADSM-L

Netware Client - ANS0433E

2015-10-04 18:08:07
Subject: Netware Client - ANS0433E
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 5/22/97 5:06PM
I am sort of shooting from the hip here, but does the volume that is failing
contain a very large directory structure?  Perhaps lots of little files?

Check and see if you have "SLOWINCREMENTAL YES"  turned on in your DSM.OPT.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    5/22/97 5:06 PM

Hi all...

Thanks for all the responses to my questions about database size
disaster recovery for ADSM NT.  I think I'm back on track with both of
those issues.  Now I have yet another strange happening - I thought I'd
see if anyone else has encountered this (or a similar) situation.

Novell file server running ADSM client v2.1.6
ADSM NT Server (ptf1)

When a backup is performed (either manually or with the scheduler), the
bindery and two of the three volumes back up with no errors.  However,
every time the server gets to the APPS: volume, it comes up with the
message

"ANS4033E System ran out of memory.  Process ended."

This volume is NOT the largest one on that server, so I don't think it
has anything to do with the volume of data.  I can do a selective of
files on the other volumes with no problem.  However, if I attempt to
start a selective of ALL files on the APPS: volume, it gives me the same
message as above.  When I attempt to backup a specific file on APPS:, I
get a message that no files were found matching the criteria.
Weirdness.

I tried all of the tips that have been posted about Novell performance
such as TXNBYTELIMIT, TXNMAXGROUP, settings in the TCPIP.CFG,
SLOWINCREMENTAL, versions of NLM's etc.  None of these seem to have
affected the results.  I thought maybe tonight I would try running a
VREPAIR, and maybe a BINDFIX, but I can't imagine that either of these
would be the solution.

Thanks in advance for any tips you may have to offer!

Joelle Booher
AMP Incorporated
Harrisburg, PA
jmbooher AT amp DOT com