ADSM-L

Re: Using ADSM to restore Win/NT 4.0 operating system

1997-05-22 17:19:54
Subject: Re: Using ADSM to restore Win/NT 4.0 operating system
From: dan thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 16:19:54 -0500
Wanda,

  What the product I mentioned claims to be is some sort of client/server
software.  Specifically, the diskette boots the machine to an OS that has
enough brains (not guts, much like me) to read FAT and NTFS and then attach
to a second machine via a com port.  This second machine runs the server
side that represents the client machines drives as local drives.
Theoretically, I could run the ADSM backup client on the server side and
restore the failed machines boot and system partitions as well as ADSM
software.  I should be able to boot the client machine to NT and proceed
with restoring everything else.

Don't take this as a recommendation or validation that the product even
works.  I'm just speculating.  (this is far easier and cheaper than doing
real work)

Dan T.