ADSM-L

Re: NT 4.0 Client

1997-05-22 17:30:21
Subject: Re: NT 4.0 Client
From: dan thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 16:30:21 -0500
Frank,

I have a silly question.  Is this localized to one machine and always stop
on the same fil?

 Also, I have had TCP/IP problems that were associated with a memory
shortage.  Check you event log to see if anything was logged.

Keep  us informed,

  Dan T.

----------
> From: Frank M. Ramaekers Jr. <framaeke AT AUSTIN.CC.TX DOT US>
> From: Frank M. Ramaekers Jr. <framaeke AT AUSTIN.CC.TX DOT US>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Subject: NT 4.0 Client
> Date: Thursday, May 22, 1997 8:28 AM
>
>         I have approached IBM support about this and received little
help.  Here's
> the situation:
>
> Server: ADSM for VM v2r1
>                 Token-Ring-16 attachment via 3172
>
> Clients:        OS/2 Warp, Windows 95, Windows NT 4.0 on Token-Ring-16
>                 OS/2 Warp, Windows 95, Windows NT 4.0 on Ethernet
(bridged)

> All of these platforms work fine except for the Windows NT 4.0 on
Token-Ring.

> I had this situation pop up once before (on an ALR box), but before the
> problem could be resolved we changed the interface from T/R to
Ethernet-100.

> Now, my PC is connected via T/R-16.  It has OS/2 Warp, Windows 95 and NT
> 4.0 workstation with SP3 (it also failed with SP2).  NT is the only one
> that fails, with:
>
> DSMC console output:
> Normal File-->             678
C:\InetPub\scripts\samples\Search\SIMPLE.IDQ
> . Se
> nt
> Normal File-->             791
C:\InetPub\scripts\samples\Search\SNEXT.HTX
> . Sen
> Normal File-->           1,367
C:\InetPub\scripts\samples\Search\STAIL.HTX