ADSM-L

Re: Problems with Win32 client on Windows 95

1997-05-22 11:16:16
Subject: Re: Problems with Win32 client on Windows 95
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 11:16:16 -0400
I had some similar problems with the WIn32 client, ONLY on WIn95 and
ONLY PTF 6, and ONLY on some machines.
In some cases, the install actually blew up in the middle.  In others,
the install worked, but the code would not execute.
I am not sure why, except that the Win32 install does replace some .dll
files, and I suspect it has something to do with what else is running on
the Win95 machine at the time.
I reported it to IBM, and they could not help.

Some things to try:

REBOOT your Win95 system, and REINSTALL the WIn32 client before bringing
up any other applications.
If that doesn't work, try a different WIn95 system.
If you can get one to work, copy the executable (dsmc.exe) from that one
to the one that is failing.
I have had cases where the client executable that gets installed is a
few bytes different in size than it should be.

In every case I eventually got the PTF 6 client to work.
And in every case once I got it to execute, there were no subsequent
problems with the backus.