ADSM-L

Re: Renaming Filesystems

1997-05-21 12:24:12
Subject: Re: Renaming Filesystems
From: dan thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 11:24:12 -0500
Dianne,

 We have successfully renamed filespaces on NT boxes before.  ADSM
obviously does some sophisticated checking when deciding if a filespace is
the same as one found previously.  For example, a cohort of mine attempted
to remotely backup a drive by redirecting it to his workstation with the
same drive letter as the drive on the server.  When a backup was started,
it detected it as a different filespace.  Hopefully, someone can give you a
specific answer.

Good luck,

 Dan T.