ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:08:07
     But with all things you have to know what is there first...
     Here are a few lines that will assemble messages and write them into a
     file by the name of the adsm message number, plus add a time stamp.
     Two things chap my behind...
     1) multiple line messages with no consistant continuation indicator
     2) 98% of ADSM messages end in '.' -bout 2% don't ARGH!!
     so here you can see what messages show up and if you don't care about
     seeing them you can re-create the files as links to /dev/null
     then depending on where you want to put the work load you can either
     check each line against something you want to be notified on OR run a
     job every hour to tail every file in the directory and look at the
     date/time...

     over time my attitude has become "if it ain't gonna crash the server
     it can wait 'till morning"  a bad tape will still be bad in the
     morning and the data will still be gone... and if it is a client
     performing a restore (vs a backup or migration to tape) that triggered
     the mount (thus the error) then they will call someone who will call
     someone who will eventually call me... so I can at least get 30 more
     minutes sleep!

     # start a console session
     /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsmadmc -serv=$ADSMSERV -cons -id=xxxx -pass=xxxx |&
     # initial output of console session is junk so get ready to pitch it
     LINEOUT=TRASH
     read -p LINEIN
     while [ $? -eq 0 ] ; do
       # find the start of an ADSM message
       echo $LINEIN | grep ^AN[R,S][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][I,W,K,E,S,D]
     1>/dev/null 2>&1
       if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then # found first line of a message
         # write last msg
         MSGID=$( echo $LINEOUT | cut -d" " -f1 )
         echo $ADSMSERV $(date +%a_%D_%H:%M:%S) $LINEOUT >>
     $WKDIR/$ADSMSERV/$MSGID
         # save the new msg
         LINEOUT=$LINEIN
       else
         # build on the existing msg
         LINEOUT=$LINEOUT' '$LINEIN # tack on next line of msg
       fi
       read -p LINEIN
     done