ADSM-L

Disaster recovery procedures for NT

1997-05-15 15:35:24
Subject: Disaster recovery procedures for NT
From: "Booher, Joelle M" <jmbooher AT AMP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 15:35:24 -0400
We're planning to productionalize very soon on the ADSM NT Server
platform (currently our ADSM servers are running on MVS and VM).  In the
course of getting everything setup, I have scheduled a disaster recovery
of our NT ADSM Server for next weekend.  However, I haven't been able to
find any specific information about the procedure for doing this
restore.  Since I didn't participate in the MVS and VM ADSM installs,
and the person who set them up has left the company, I have no idea how
a disaster recovery should be done.  I believe I have all of the pieces
(i.e. devconfig, volhist, db backups, etc...), but I don't know in what
order to restore this information.   Is there a redbook available?  Is
it on the web?  Does anyone have any words of wisdom or pitfalls to
share?

Thanks,

Joelle Booher
AMP Incorporated