ADSM-L

Re: Is there any way.....

2015-10-04 18:08:07
Subject: Re: Is there any way.....
From: Klaus Dilper [SMTP:Klaus.Dilper AT RZ.UNI-KARLSRUHE DOT DE]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
On Mon, 12 May 1997 21:42:51 -0500, Dwight E. Cook wrote:

>Item Subject: Is there any way.....
>     This might work...

lines deleted

Ok, this might work for backup copys, but (if I'm right?) rebinding =
archive
copys is not possible. So I also would like to know how the retention
period of already archived files could be increased without retrieving
the files from archive and then archiving them to an other mgmt class
again!

Klaus

[<-Matt. W->]  I came across a similar problem with archives, and would =
also be interested to see if there was a solution.

        Luckily, the archives retention we needed to changewas only 100 - 150mb
=
so retrieve / re-archive didnt take long, but we are soon going to have =
to be changing the retentions on archives in the region of 2 - 10 gb and =
theres quit a few of them, so it would be nice to know if there was a =
quicker way.

Matthew Warren.

BT ESMF.