ADSM-L

Volumes with PENDING status

1997-05-14 12:25:33
Subject: Volumes with PENDING status
From: Naveed Mustafa <Naveed_Mustafa AT MCKINSEY DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 12:25:33 -0400
Hi there,

Some volumes within the copy storage pools are marked with STATUS=Pending.
The administrator's reference guide suggests that the data from the volume
has been deleted but the time specified in the REUSEDELAY parameter in the
DEFINE STGPOOL command has not elapsed.  I have setup the REUSEDELAY
parameter to 10 years.  Is there a way that I can reassign these Pending
volumes back to the scratch pool?  Is that a good idea to do?  Would this
cause problems within the copypool?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Naveed.