ADSM-L

Re: List of files to backup

1997-05-13 11:50:44
Subject: Re: List of files to backup
From: "Bartl, Michael" <michael.bartl AT ZENTRALE.ADAC DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 16:50:44 +0100
Eric,
I searched through the manuals to find the same option for performing a
restore action. As I can create a list of files in a directory every day
(dir /s /b...) I  have a list of files to restore for a point-in-time
restore.

Unfortunately I did not find any clues for providing a backup or restore
command with a filelist, but played a bit with the client.
It seems to be possible to put all commands into a file and calling dsmc
with
dsmc <in.txt
So it is possible to state a backup or restore command for each file,
but this results in an extra database query for each file, so the
completion of the backup or restore would probably take months...

I hope the ADSM-experts know of an (undocumented) feature to solve the
problem.

Regards,
Michael Bartl

--