ADSM-L

Re: HPUX 10 and VXFS (Ken, Please clear the water...)

1997-05-08 13:28:30
Subject: Re: HPUX 10 and VXFS (Ken, Please clear the water...)
From: Ken Hannigan <hannigan AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 13:28:30 -0400
Steve,

I don't know.  I'll have to check.

For the record, the reason I've jumped into this is that there were several
people saying that they would not be able to use ADSM at all if it did not
support VxFS.  I wanted to point out that it's not an all or nothing situation
-- many people (most?) probably use the basic JFS supplied with HP-UX 10 and
will be able to use ADSM to manage their data.
will be able to use ADSM to manage their data.

Finally, here's the text of Markus' original post.  I'm not sure if it
clarifies things any more, but I thought I'd include it just in case:

> I want to clarify what kind of file system the ADSM Client
> for HP/UX 10 supports.
> HP introduced the VXFS file system with UX 10. This is the
> HP implementation of a "Journal File System".
> This FS is  ** NOT **  the Veritas FS.
> ADSM does support THIS VXFS.
>
> Unfortunately the VERITAS FS is also listed as "VXFS" in /etc/mnttab.
> But the VERITAS FS is known as DCFS (Distributed Computing FS) by ADSM.
> Currently we do not support this kind of FS.
> (
>  We have plans to support this FS in the future,
> but this is not a commitment,
>  and we have no official date for this.
> )

Ken Hannigan