ADSM-L

[no subject]

1997-05-07 14:04:54
From: Gregory Tevis <gjtevis AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 14:04:54 -0400
Fred...one trick that many adsmers have had much success with is to
start backing up just your primary disk pool to your new copy storage pool
at first.  Do this for a week, 2 weeks, etc...however long you can
afford to phase in the creation of the offsite pool volumes.  What this
will do is get all new backup data and allow (potentially) a lot of
data to expire from your primary Tape pool.  After this phase in period
of just backing up the primary disk pool, then start your big backup
of the primary tape pool (which will now involve much less data since
much has been expired).  You can stop and start this initial big
primary tape pool backup (as has been mentioned).

...greg tevis