ADSM-L

Re: 3590 Read Performance

1997-05-07 13:11:39
Subject: Re: 3590 Read Performance
From: "Clendenny, Ronald D." <rdclendenny AT CAL.UE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 12:11:39 -0500
David,
Yes, in Netware we can restore large files fairly quickly, but when we
hit 10,000 or so 1k files, the system just crawls.  I suspect this is
due to ADSM database inquiries and calls to the ADSM client o/s for file
services.  But that is just a guess.  My gut feel says this code has a
lot of room for improvement.  IBM, what say ye?

Ron Clendenny  <rdclendenny AT cal.ue DOT com>
Callaway Nuclear Power Plant
Fulton, Missouri