ADSM-L

DR Question for Copy Pools

1997-05-06 17:51:12
Subject: DR Question for Copy Pools
From: Fred Urso <furso AT ISM DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 15:51:12 -0600
I am in the process of developing a disaster offsite plan for our current ADSM
environment.

Now since ADSM has been running for about 6-8 months now and there is about
300GB of data in
the TAPE Storage Pool and about 35GB in the primary Disk Storage Pool.

If i wanted to create offsite tapes does this mean that I would have to copy
all 300GB and 35GB to
tapes within the COPY Storage Pool, and then I could do incrementals COPY'S
from here on in.

Am I on the right track here...Because copying 300GB would take a while. But is
the only
way to get the offsite tapes up-to-date.

Thanks

furso AT ism DOT ca