ADSM-L

Backup/archive NFS-mounted filesystems?

1997-05-06 08:22:14
Subject: Backup/archive NFS-mounted filesystems?
From: Ewald Jenisch <Ewald.Jenisch AT UNIVIE.AC DOT AT>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 14:22:14 +0200
Hi,

What's the correct way to backup/archive NFS-mounted filesystems using
the SCO-client?

In particular here's what I try to accomplish:

On a certain machine I got a filesystem mounted under /mnt that I want
to back up. Leaving everything to default doesn't work - ADSM simply
doesn't backup these files.

Then I've set Virtualmount to "/mnt" in dsm.sys - doesn't help.

Next step: Explicitly specify "Domain /mnt" in dsm.opt - doesn't help.

I'm puzzled...

Is this possible at all? If yes, how should I set this up?

Thanks much in advance for any clue,
-ewald
Ewald Jenisch                      |  E-mail: jenisch AT cc.univie.ac DOT at
Ewald Jenisch                      |  E-mail: jenisch AT cc.univie.ac DOT at
Vienna University Computer Center  |
Universitaetsstrasse 7             |  Tel: (+43 1) 406-58-22 x251  Fax x170
A-1010 Vienna, Austria             |  NIC-Handle: EJ63