ADSM-L

NW 4.1, ADSM cmd with (CLIB_OPT)

1997-04-29 12:40:40
Subject: NW 4.1, ADSM cmd with (CLIB_OPT)
From: Diane Ashby <Diane.Ashby AT TORO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 11:40:40 -0500
I'm trying to capture some output from an ADSM command on a
Novell NW 4.1 client:

load dsmc q ba -ina -dirsonly -scrollprompt=no srvr\vol:/path
(CLIB_OPT)/>targetpath

I receive the following message:
CLib-4.11-005: Unable to open standard consoles new thread
group.  There may not be enough server memory, or server
memory may be corrupted.

The client closes my session with this message:
Server-4.10-2715; Module did not release 240 resources;
Module: ADSM; Resource: Small memory allocation;

This particular server has 96MB ram, so I tried it on one with
160MB and received the same messages.

I can run the command without the CLIB piece and it outputs to
my screen just fine, but I'm not at all familiar with how
CLIB_OPT works and neither is our NetWare person.  Are these
messages giving me the real scoop?  Has anyone used it with
success on clients with a similar amount of memory?  Any
ideas?

(The ADSM server is a 59H with AIX 4.1.4 and ADSM 2.1.10.)
--Diane
diane.ashby AT toro DOT com
diane.ashby AT toro DOT com