ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:08:48
     You might also try a ping from the client to the server with the route
     option (what ever that will be under your version of tcp/ip) and see
     if there are any 10BaseT legs in there.

     MTU size is a BIGGIE...

     ADSM Server Data Base location is a BIGGIE... many smaller bits across
     disks and controllers seems much better than ONE BIG MONSTER.  Toss
     together a script to do "iostat" against your log & DB volumes and
     check that during backups.

     Are you running client compression ?
     Do you have accounting turned on and have you looked at the accounting
     records to see if they indicate anything in the blah wait fields?

     Just some thoughts...

     Archive processing of 'D:\BOOKS\TEMP\*' finished with 0 failures.

     Total number of objects inspected:       26
     Total number of objects archived:        26
     Total number of objects updated:          0
     Total number of objects rebound:          0
     Total number of objects deleted:          0
     Total number of objects failed:           0
     Total number of bytes transferred:     30.6 MB
     Data transfer time:                    2.84 sec
     Data transfer rate:                11,024.18 KB/sec
     Average file size:                  1,206.5 KB
     Elapsed processing time:            0:00:42
     dsmc>

     and this IS over 10BaseT