ADSM-L

Re: attachments

1997-04-25 10:15:38
Subject: Re: attachments
From: Lothar Guthmann <ltg AT GOME5.PHYSIK.UNI-BREMEN DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 16:15:38 +0200
Hi,

Dave Sanders wrote:

> Maybe it's just me,, but it seems that we are seeing more and more
> attachments to this forum.  Is there some reason why folks can't just but
> the real words (cut/paste?) into the mail message instead of having to go
> to another application (word, etc.) to read??

there is a simple solution to attachments: if the mail reader
can't handle them, and you don't have an appropiate mail reader,
ignore them (or, if an answer is contained in an attachment,
ask for an ascii version).
It's the problem of the sender, not the receiver's.
It's the responsibility of the sender to keep mail as simple as
possible.

Greetings, Lothar