ADSM-L

UPDATE COPYGROUP question

2015-10-04 18:08:48
Subject: UPDATE COPYGROUP question
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 4/18/97 4:01PM
The answer to both of your questions is "Yes".  ADSM, at the beginning of
each session, checks the Policy domain to get the latest version.  On
occasion, you may see what appears to be a full backup being done for a
client, but in actuality, what is happening is a "rebinding" of the files on
the machine to the new backup rules.  No actual data is sent, just a message
about the rebinding, and so you have a minimal impact to the network, etc.
This does not occur every time you change - I would expect the first case you
sited to not cause this to happen, but the second one might.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    4/18/97 4:01 PM

When a node is registered it is associated with a policy domain. If that
policy domain is subsequently updated, for example by updating a copygroup
destination or retention time, are the parameters associated with the node
automatically updated?

Specifically, if I change the DEST parameter from a sequential access to a
random access storage pool, will subsequent backups for an existing node
automatically go to the random access storage pool?

Specifically, if I change the RETE parameter from 90 to 60 days, will extra
versions older than 60 days, previously retained, immediately become eligible
for expiration?

TIA,

Michael