ADSM-L

how to handle volume in error state

1997-04-10 12:34:39
Subject: how to handle volume in error state
From: Susan McClure <smcclure AT IS.RICE DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 11:34:39 -0500
I have a volume that says it's in an error state so it was marked
access readonly.
I did an audit volume, fix=yes of this DLT tape-- it completed
successfully but found
no errors on tape or in the database for tape items.  The tape is still
in error state, and
read only.

I am not sure of what to do next:
 -do a move data to a fresh tape and throw this one away ??
 -just mark it access readwrite and keep using it ??
 -or assume it's really ok , keep it read only and let data just
naturally expire off it.

BTW- it happens to be a copy pool tape of a real backup pool, so it's
not my only
copy.
And.... my log filled up and couldn't take a db dump so I had to
restart with a bigger,new
log..... that may be when ADSM thought it got to be in an error state.

Thanks for  any help.