ADSM-L

ADSM & Tape Libraries

1997-04-09 14:26:00
Subject: ADSM & Tape Libraries
From: Bruce Heckler <Bruce_Heckler AT ADCOM-OPERATIONS.UCSD DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 11:26:00 -0700
     Yo! Everybuddy,

     We're running ADSM MVS hooked to a 3494 Tape Library. We handle
     disaster backups for several assorted other client machines which are
     in the same room as the MVS Server and 3494.  The backups go directly
     to tape in the library (silo?), to be pulled out later and sent
     offsite.

     Has anyone had any better experiences setting up a selective eject
     jobstream?  We've got one working, but it's a super kludge.  Just got
     DRM installed expecting to find some new goody to do this for us, but
     no soap. Was especially disappointed,  since ADSM and the 3494 both
     carry the ADSTAR moniker.

     Don't be bashful if you're running an STK Silo.  The support software
     has different names, but operationally they appear to work pretty much
     the same.  So if you're pumping tapes out of your Nearline, it'll
     probably work on 'ol Blue as well.

     Thanks,