ADSM-L

Re: Another Silent Setup question

1997-04-01 16:38:04
Subject: Re: Another Silent Setup question
From: Simon Foster <simon.foster AT NATWESTUK.CO DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 13:38:04 -0800
Microsoft Mail v3.0 (MAPI 1.0 Transport) IPM.Microsoft Mail.Note
From: FOSTER, Simon, Tech Ops
To:  INTERNET:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU/
Date: 1997-04-01 13:36
Message ID: E365878167AAD01188A20000F6495CCE
Conversation ID: RE: Another Silent Setup question

I haven't actually done this, but if I wanted to, I'd try something like
I haven't actually done this, but if I wanted to, I'd try something like
these:

1. What is the default directory for the -f1 parameter? If it's the same
directory as setup.exe is in, then you could stick your response file in
there and just call -f1=response.file.
2. Bit of a cheat this one: use a .BAT file as the attachment in
mail/exchange note, containing something like this:

copy \\Domain_name\install\dir\disk1\response.file c:\temp
\\Domain_name\install\dir\disk1\setup.exe -s -f1=c:\temp\response.file

Simon Foster
System Services
Technical Operations
Level A/3
National Westminster Bank PLC
Goodmans Fields
74 Alie Street
London     E1 8HL
Phone: (+44/0) 171 480 2168      <ITS: 73-2168>       <Mobile: (+44/0)
802 187593>
Fax: (+44/0) 171 480 2848      <ITS: 73-2848>
GOAP: Y001SF3