ADSM-L

Re: Win NT sched service

1997-03-26 14:59:26
Subject: Re: Win NT sched service
From: Simon Foster <simon.foster AT NATWESTUK.CO DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 11:59:26 -0800
Microsoft Mail v3.0 (MAPI 1.0 Transport) IPM.Microsoft Mail.Note
From: FOSTER, Simon, Tech Ops
To:  INTERNET:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU/
Date: 1997-03-26 11:29
Message ID: FBE2FE44B7A5D01188A10000F6495CCE
Conversation ID: RE: Win NT sched service

Forgive me if this is just TOO obvious - but I have to ask:
Forgive me if this is just TOO obvious - but I have to ask:
are you rebooting the NT machine between service installation and
deinstallation processes? A service install/deinstall is a registry
update, that may not 'fully' take effect until a reboot. Whenever I add
or remove anything significant from the registry I always reboot the box,
just to be sure that I get a consistent picture of whether it's there or
not.
I had to ask.

Simon Foster
System Services
Technical Operations
Level A/3
National Westminster Bank PLC
Goodmans Fields
74 Alie Street
London     E1 8HL
Phone: (+44/0) 171 480 2168      <ITS: 73-2168>       <Mobile: (+44/0)
802 187593>
Fax: (+44/0) 171 480 2848      <ITS: 73-2848>
GOAP: Y001SF3
Internet: simon.foster AT natwestuk.co DOT uk