ADSM-L

High Capacity Tapes

1997-03-25 16:53:53
Subject: High Capacity Tapes
From: Francisco Franco <francisco.franco AT HYDRO.ON DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 16:53:53 -0500
Hi Folks,

I have a couple of questions about a 7331 tape loader running on
AIX 3.2.5.  The ADSM clients are running v2.1.06 while the server
is running version 2.01.06/06.

The questions that I have are the following:

1.  Does ADSTAR support the higher density tapes?  The 7331
    has two 7.0GB drives.  When we use the 120 metre tapes
    we get around 4.5 to 4.7 GB of storage on the tape, however
    when we use the 160 metre tapes we still get the same 4.5 to
    4.7 GB of storage.  Does anything special have to happen for
    ADSTAR to take advantage of the longer tapes?

2.  The 7331 has an LCD which shows which tape is mounted on
    which drive.  However, for the ADSTAR labeled tapes, it allways
    shows an "UNKNOWN".  Do I have to upgrade anything or turn on
    anything in order for the 7331 show me that "TAPE01" is loaded
    in drive 0?

TIA,

Francisco

--
Francisco Franco                e-mail: francisco.franco AT hydro.on DOT ca
Francisco Franco                e-mail: francisco.franco AT hydro.on DOT ca