ADSM-L

Re: SP2 versus ES9000

1997-03-25 11:36:00
Subject: Re: SP2 versus ES9000
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT IS1.INDY.TCE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 11:36:00 EST
If all your clients and the server are on the SP2, then you can do your
backups over the high speed switch.  That's preferable for us than using our
connections to the mainframe, which aren't real speedy.  Also, if you're
considering using a vendor (like Comdisco) to provide a hot site for
disaster recovery of your SP2 and your backups are all on your mainframe, it
might be more difficult to perform the recovery (and tests) than if all
parts are on the SP2.