ADSM-L

Redirecting command-output

1997-03-25 07:49:11
Subject: Redirecting command-output
From: Massimo Orlandi <Massimo.Orlandi AT CHINF.MAIL.ABB DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 12:49:11 +0000
Hi to everybody!

When I run an ADSM command (from the command line interface) I can direct
the output it returns to a file by using the ">"-character. This works fine
as long as I am on a UNIX-, or a OS/2-client. But what can I do to capture
the output when I'm doing it from a Novell-Remote-Console ? As I can see
the redirection-char and the path and file name I define is ignored and
the output goes only to the screen. I need to do a analysis of the active and
inactive versions of various Novell-clients managed by the ADSM-server. To
do this I run a command for each existing filespace of the Novell-clients:

"load dsmc query backup -inactive -pass=xxx -subdir=yes servname\DAT:*"

And I really need the whole output-listing directed to a file.

Any ideas on how I can reach this ? As I know, there is no way to do it
from the ADSM-server or from an other type of backup/archive-client !?

Kind regards

Massimo