ADSM-L

Scratching dbdump tapes

1997-03-24 09:15:37
Subject: Scratching dbdump tapes
From: "Larimer, Dave" <Dave_Larimer AT KNE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 07:15:37 -0700
Greetings all,

        I have two problems, as is normal when you post to this board, and I
was wondering if someone has a solution.  I am trying to reuse some db
dump tapes from my VM version 1 to version 2 conversion.  However, I can
find no way to delete these out of ADSM.  If I query volhistory
type=dbdump, I can see them, but there is no parameter in the delete
volhistory to get rid of the db dump tapes.  How can I reuse these
tapes?

        The second problem involves the defining of scratch tapes in a storage
pool.  I have a VM server running version 2.0.  I would like to use
scratch tapes to back up my database, but I am unsure how to define a
range of tapes for my silo to use.  I have several different volumes
being used by different systems in the same silo and I only want ADSM to
use a certain set of volumes.  Is there any way to use this range of
volumes dynamically without explicitly listing them in the backup
database command?