ADSM-L

Copygroup volumes

1997-03-14 16:20:54
Subject: Copygroup volumes
From: Naveed Mustafa <Naveed_Mustafa AT MCKINSEY DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 17:20:54 -0400
Hi there,

I have a question regarding moving the copygroup volumes to offsite
location.   I am running ADSM server version 2.1.0.12 on an AIX 3.2.5
server with STK library hooked up to it.  The ACSLS software version 5.1.1
is used to manage the library and that software is running on a seperate
SUN server.

How would I automate the process of making the volumes that belong to the
copy pool offsite. I would like to update the volumes that belong to copy
pool marked offsite, then checkout these volumes marked offsite from ADSM
and finally eject these volumes (tapes) from the library.  All this need to
be automized, this way operator will simply have to open the CAP of the
library and carry the offsite volumes to the offsite location.

Is anyone doing something like this? Any help in this regard will be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Naveed.