ADSM-L

Re: Questions on Tape Reclamation -Reply

1997-03-14 11:06:32
Subject: Re: Questions on Tape Reclamation -Reply
From: Chris Zerr <CZERR AT CO.PIERCE.WA DOT US>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 08:06:32 -0800
How do you generate the Pull List???

>>> "Pittson, Timothy ,HiServ/US" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
03/14/97 06:48am >>>

2)  Instead of reclaim, use MOVE DATA to move your least full
tapes back
to disk storagepools - we had a lot of success with this... I used
generate a tape pulllist for the operators of the least full tapes,
then
would use an ADSM macro to issue the MOVE DATA commands.
 This worked
out well as we'd be able to process 60-90 tapes in an hour using
6-8
concurrent move processes.  You could try doing this one day a
week to
clear off the least full tapes (i.e. < 25-30 MB used), then use the
reclaim method the other 2 days of the week.

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com