ADSM-L

Re: Scheduling Client restores

1997-03-13 17:06:38
Subject: Re: Scheduling Client restores
From: "Dwight E. Cook" <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 16:06:38 -0600
     BUT... I've noticed that if you have schedmode poll (and I haven't
     checked in the latest versions I'm running now) that the client will
     ignore requests of the server if it is before his regular ck for
     events or before the next known scheduled event.

Author:  ADSM-L (ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU) at unix,mime
Date:    3/13/97 2:40 PM

On Thu, 13 Mar 1997 12:32:59 -0500, Prather, Wanda wrote:

>Can you explain briefly how this is done?
>Do you have to be using SCHEDMODE PROMPTED for this to work?

No you don't have to use Schedmode prompted to do a scheduled
restore.

Basically in the same way you can schedule an incremental in version
1.X you can schedule a restore.
Using the GUI Admin....
* Open the "backup archive/schedule"
*Select Edit/Add
*Fill out Policy domain, schedule name, description and associated
notes
*On operation select action restore.
*Put any overriding options such as "-sub=yes"
*Fill the "Objects" entry field. Example: "server_a\vol1:\*
server_b\vol1:\"  would restore all of vol1 of server_a to vol1 of
serverb.
*Timing is the same as for any other schedule operation.