ADSM-L

DSMFMT and DISK VOLUMES

1997-03-13 16:23:47
Subject: DSMFMT and DISK VOLUMES
From: David Wilshire <dwilshir AT LENSCRAFTERS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 16:23:47 -0500
I'm trying to allocate a disk file to ADSM using dsmfmt.  I have a
2.040GB drive on which I have allocated a 2.040GB filesystem.

I've tried allocating a 2GB file, and that does't work (error
code=27; I assume that there's not enough space in the
filesystem).  I've tried allocating 1.88GB, and still no luck. So I
allocated a 1GB file successfully.  So the maximum file size I can
use is somewhere between 1.0GB and 1.88GB.

Is there a formula for determining the largest storage pool file you
can create in a filesystem?  I'm getting tired of guessing!

Thanks in advance for the help.

David Wilshire
dwilshir AT lenscrafters DOT com
"Knowledge is support"