Subject: ADSM-L
From: "James C. Harrer, SE/CRM, /Long Grove, G-5 JHARRER - CPOLNM01" <us2b7kdb AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 15:12:06 EST

Hi everyone.  Has anyone developed a bare-metal restore for Win/NT systems
yet?  I heard of a couple people working on it.  I would like a procedure as
completed as I have for OS/2.

On OS/2 I back up everything on the C drive except for "ea data. sf" and
"swapper.dat".  Then I use LCU diskettes with CID service to boot the down
machine, reformat the C drive and start service.  Then from another client I
do a "srvattch" of the new C drive and use ADSM to restore the whole thing.
Then I reboot from the newly restored C drive.  It works great.

I'd like to do the same type of thing on Win/NT.  Any help out there?