ADSM-L

Win95 Automated install question

1997-03-11 23:02:07
Subject: Win95 Automated install question
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT THEHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 23:02:07 -0500
A guy in my department has been working on automated installs of the Win95
clients.  We have followed the instructions in the ReadMe file with the
level 6 client, and have used the Setup -r command to build an setup.iss
file for use in the silent install, which we have also successfully done.

My guy's question?  We have several different scenarios for installation -
each will have a different setup.iss file.  But since the file must be in
the same location as the setup.exe we were wondering if there were any
options available with the Setup program - an option that allows to point
to an iss file with a different name?

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com