ADSM-L

Re: 3494/3590 question

1997-03-10 13:13:27
Subject: Re: 3494/3590 question
From: Dean Roy <dean AT ALPHA.UWINDSOR DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 13:13:27 EST
        Yes - that set up will work fine. I have a 3494 with 2/3590 drives. I
have
both drives conected to my ADSM server and our AS/400(running BRMS/400). The
drives are shared by both machines. The hardware automatically handles issuing
reserves/enqueues/whatever you want to call it - to ensure the drives are
properly shared!

> I'm wondering if, b/c the 3590s are twin-tailed, I can hook all
> six 3590s to each of the two ADSM servers without causing any
> conflicts. Since tape requests and such go through the library
> manager control point, would there be any contention for the
> drives that would cause problems? I realize there will be
> contention, but I'm thinking that the 3494 will arbitrate things,
> and at any given point a single ADSM server could have access to
> all six drives, assuming none are being used by the other server.

  Dean Roy                           Email: DEAN AT UWINDSOR DOT CA
  Systems Programmer                 Voice: (519)253-4232 Ext 2763
  University of Windsor              Fax  : (519)973-7083