ADSM-L

Re.: Permission Attributes of ADSM DataBase Files in JFS

1997-03-06 04:02:33
Subject: Re.: Permission Attributes of ADSM DataBase Files in JFS
From: Gerhard Holst <root AT RZAIX55.RRZ.UNI-HAMBURG DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 10:02:33 +0100
* ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU *
************************                                        6 - 03 - 1997

Re.: Permission Attributes of ADSM DataBase Files in JFS

Dwight,

I have listed the output of the "ls -l" command for our data base and
recovery log files. As you can see the access for all is "read/write".

The astonishing thing for me was the output for the data base mirrors "dba"
and "dbb". I have no idea why and since when the "-rwxrwxr--" values exist,
but since that part of the data base mirror exists from the beginning of our
"ADSM adventure" it does not seem to hurt.

Data Base: