ADSM-L

Restore differences

1997-03-05 13:53:00
Subject: Restore differences
From: Steve Wilson <SteveW AT DIS.WA DOT GOV>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 10:53:00 PST
     We were doing some testing of a restore for a SUN Solaris with an OS of
2.5.   When we restore files with their associated subdirectories (to a
different location) we noticed a minor difference.   Let me state up front
that all the files restored correctly and with all their attributes.   We
used the UNIX diff command to verify all the files were the same.   However
we did notice that the two files  .  and ..   were restored with a different
file size.   I am at a loss to explain why this happened.   Can anybody help
me explain this?

Thanks in advance

Steve Wilson
stevew AT dis.wa DOT gov