ADSM-L

Re: Recovery log

1997-03-05 13:30:49
Subject: Re: Recovery log
From: Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 13:30:49 -0500
On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Thomas A. La Porte wrote:

| I'm curious to know what fills up in the recovery log between
| database backups. My recovery log is currently 888MB, with a 16GB
| database that is currently 60% full (roughly 8.5GB). In spite of
| what I consider a fairly large recovery log (approximately 10% of
| the current DB size), I can't seem to make it through 24 hours
| without triggering a database backup.

Doesn't inventory expiration also comtribute to the log file?  If this is
running on a regular basis with the defaults (once every 24 hours), then I
think this is what you're seeing.  Don't forget that clients as they are
backing are doing more than just adding objects into the database.  They
are also expiring objects from the database as well.  Again, more work for
the log file.

My $0.02 worth...

Joe Morris  -  morris AT unc DOT edu  -  http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
Academic Technology and Networks (formerly OIT), Development